HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest
technology company and ranked 10 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. And at HP, we know that our people and values are the most important elements in this success.
Business Operations Manager - Customs Operations and Compliance Expert-1352888
· Responsible for providing customs support for the organization.
· Primary areas of focus include:
· Remote mgmt of customs operation activities in a defined country/region (MEMA)
· Broker operational performance mgmt
· Broker payment approvals
· Linkage to governmental bodies (focus on customs authorities)
· Compliance audits,
· Broker, BU and Logistics training,
· Contribute to BU initiatives, RFI and RFQ's.
· Leads and manages a Customs Compliance and or Regulatory Trade Compliance program.
· Leads /contributes to a broad range of complex supply chain processes with focus on import/export operations but as well touching such as inventory analysis and planning, demand planning, and sales and operations planning (SOP). Identifies opportunities for process improvement and leads/develops recommendations and provides insight for management.
· Independently executes complex demand and supply matching activities, connecting planning to execution, and identifying issues and their impact.
· works cross-functionally to prioritize backlog.
· Partners with global business units and supply bases to generate and deliver demand signals.
· At times could have option to leads cross-functional regional and global business unit planning teams to maintain and enhance the current business processes.
· Defines and reviews performance metrics on a regular basis, identifying opportunities for improvement actions to address
· Contributes to priority projects by adding creative insights and developing recommendations
· Communicates requirements and guidelines to the regional and global business unit planning teams.
· Mentors junior-level staff and establishes guidelines for the mentorship programs
· Collaborates across regions and business units.
· Ability to influence a particular business across functions and/or regions.
· Typically interacts with various mgmt levels.
· Typically contributes/leads complex and high impact projects.
· Manages quantitative and qualitative business models and analyses to support proactive supply chain operation activities & priority projects.
· Drives as key task negotiations and influences government authorities as required.
Education and Experience Required
· First level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
· Typically 6-10 years of experience in a supply chain function.
· Experience in more than one supply chain function.
· Broker's license and/or 6-10 years of experience in a customs/global trade function.
Knowledge and Skills Required
· Excellent understanding of national and international trade requirements to align customs/trade function with business objectivesExcellent understanding of supply chain processes (plan, source, make deliver).
· Identifies cutting edge analytical tools, models and methods for making key business decisions.
· Excellent communication and influencing skills;
· Mastery in English, French and Arabic.
· Excellent internal and external relationship management skills.
· Extensive knowledge and understanding of how to analyze business problems using Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
· Very Strong project management skills, with capability to manage cross functional teams in multiple geographies.
· Strong business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility
· Very strong understanding of HP's overall supply chain strategy.
· Excellent understanding of Material Requirements Planning (MRP), ATP and master scheduling
· Thorough knowledge of inventory modeling and analysis
· Strong leadership skills including team-building and conflict resolution and management
· Excellent understanding in developing and managing a trade compliance program
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Disclaimer: Note that We make every effort to verify the authenticity of Our job posts, We're in no way affiliated to any of the companies whose vacancies We publish. However, We assure you that most of them (if not all) are authentic. Our advice for you is never to pay any amount of money to any recruiter.
Click below to Share this with your Friends
- See more at: http://gustyscommunication.blogspot.com