West African Ventures (WAV) Ltd is a 100% Nigerian company providing onshore/offshore services in Engineering, Procurement,
Fabrication, Installation, Vessels Charter and other support services in the oil and gas industry. As part of WAV's rowth and repositioning strategy, experienced and highlV motivated candidates with drive are required to fill challenging positions in the company's new legal Services department to be based in lagos:
· Provide internal advisory services on legal, corporate, company secretarial and government relations related to the operation of the company.
· Lead dispute resolution of claims with third parties including government agencies
· Ensure that corporate activities ore in line with the applicable laws.
· Maintain custody of legal and corporate documents.
· Lead government liaison function.
· Prepare monthly and quarteny reports for the deportment forexecutive management meetings.
· LL.B, B.L/Masters degree will be an added advantage
· 10-15 years cognate experience preferably in Oil/Gas industry strong leadership and managerial skills
· Proven track record of engaging with relevant government departments, maritime, local content bodies, etc.
· Excellent relationship management and communication skills
· Ability to provide independent advice (orally/in writing) on highly technlcal matters to senior level management.
Junior/Legal Counsel Ref: WAV/LC02
· Support in the provision of interna advisory services on lega matters related to the operation of the company.
· Support dispute resolution function, and negotiations under management supervision
· Support corporate activities to ensure conformity with the applicable lows.
· Prepare compliance check-lists to be used for the purpose of ensuring full coverage of required information.
· Perform other duties as required
· LL.B,B.L (plus Masters preferably)
· 5-8 years post graduation experience in oil/gas industry
· Leadership skills
· Experience on engaging with relevant government, maritime, local content agencies, etc.
· Good relationship management and communication abilities for interaction with internal/external parties.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their application online (with correct reference WAV/LCO1 or WAV/LC02) enclosing a current and up-to-date resume to: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: two (2) weeks from the date of publication. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 11 February, 2014
Disclaimer: Note that We make every effort to verify the authenticity of Our job posts, We're in no way affiliated to any of the companies whose vacancies We publish. However, We assure you that most of them (if not all) are authentic. Our advice for you is never to pay any amount of money to any recruiter.
Click below to Share this with your Friends