Longman Montessori School is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Subject Teacher
Job Title: Subject Teacher
· Develops lesson plans and manages the learning experiences for students to ensure the needs of the groups and individual students are met.
· Assists students toward self-directed learning and normalization.
· Maintains a neat, well organized, and attractive prepared environment consistent with Montessori pedagogy.
Participates in the admissions process, speaking from time to time with prospective families at the request of the Head of School.
· Follows the school's policies and procedures for student evaluation and record keeping, meeting all due dates as required; includes the administration of standardized tests .
· Assesses the needs of the class and prepares requests for materials, furnishings, of the budgeting process; updates inventory list and submits to Head of School on last day of school.
· Participates in professional activities designated by the Head of School, which may include workshops, curriculum retreats, meetings, grade reporting, planning, and other professional pursuits.
· Attends all pre-announced staff meetings and professional sessions, including staff, level, committee and, evening parent meetings.
· Works to develop close and effective relationships with parents, including opportunities to discuss and understand the child's individual progress; encourages them to bond with both the class and the larger school community; provides individualized tracking of student progress.
· Other Job Duties as assigned.
· Observe class's overall feeling and tone
· Assist children who need individual help to choose work
· Protect working children from interference (including adult)
· Prepare to make small group presentations involving a new material or progressive step.
· Give individual presentations to children.
· Record important points briefly, for expansion later.
· Treat children with unconditional positive regard and provide individualized care for needs.
· Monitor group activities to maximize healthy socialization, fostering of community and healthy recreation.
· Withdraw at regular intervals to observe.
· Uphold and reinforce positive behaviour by Modelling behaviour
· Drawing attention to ground rules.
· Remain in contact with the whole group and sense changing mood or activity.
· Unobtrusively monitor the work of individual children.
Skills and Requirements
· Obtaining, clarifying and exchanging information
· Classroom management
· Handling student discipline
· Ability to make supplemental Montessori materials for classroom
· Ability to fully participate as a team member in a professional learning community
· Ability to embrace and incorporate Montessori philosophy Physical Demands
· Candidates applying for this job should send their CV to the school mail address.
· Ability to organize and coordinate activities
· Ability to serve as role model and treat students as individuals in a professional manner
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people in a multi-cultural, diverse setting.
How To Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 3rd November 2014.
Disclaimer: Note that We make every effort to verify the authenticity of Our job posts, We're in no way affiliated to any of the companies whose vacancies We publish. However, We assure you that most of them (if not all) are authentic. Our advice for you is never to pay any amount of money to any recruiter.
Click below to Share this with your Friends
- See more at: http://gustyscommunication.blogspot.com