Wednesday 9 July 2014

FUNNIEST JOKE EVER: Politicians Should Start Getting Pensions- Senator Etuk

                               
The Chairman Senate Committee on Establishment and Public Service, Senator Aloysious Etuk while speaking on Channels Television’s breakfast programme, Sunrise Daily this morning has said Government should also consider paying politicians pensions.

Speaking during the programme Etuk said, “we have just realized that pension should not only be for working population. After-all, when we are saying working population – we have those who work in formal sector, informal sector, organised sector, unorganized sector – and everybody should be mobilised to consciously save for the rainy day’’, stating that such a move would ensure that public servants leave office with savings asides other allowances.



Citing an example, Etuk used the experience he had under the regime of late former president Sani Abacha;

“In 1993, when Abacha sacked us from the National Assembly, the money I had on me was not enough to pay my way and my aides back to Lagos. So I had to abandon my aides there and find a way to transport myself to Lagos”, he said. Meaning he probably had nothing else to fall back on. 


No comments: