Tuesday 10 September 2013

10 ANNOYING QUESTIONS/ STATEMENTS MADE BY RELATIVES TO SINGLES.



BY: ADA

Take it or drop it; you can say all you want but trust me, I hate my life at the moment. I hate just every bit of it, to crown it up, I feel all alone. You might look at me and feel that I have it all figured out, nice clothes, flawless makeup, good jewelries, designer handbags and shoes, lovely car, trips to almost half of the world in short the list is endless; I would rather not bore you with the specific details.

I am stuck in this dam bloody red sofa I bought four years ago in my sitting room and am thinking about my life. Every single person around me really want to know what is going on in my life. From Aunty Fumni to Aunty Shola, Sister Bola, haba can’t people just let me be and leave me alone! Their thoughts, talks and conversation just kill every single emotion in me. Everyone wants me to get married; they talk to me as if I don’t even know what I want! I only wish they know I want to get married much more than they do.



 The worst part is when they ask me or even make these 10 following foolish and nonsense statement:
1.       When are you getting married?
2.       How far, what is happening?
3.        Haba Bisi just see how fine you are; are all the men blind are they not seeing you at all?
4.       When are we buying our Aso Ebi?
5.       Where is the man?
6.       Have you not been praying and fasting for your husband to come?
7.       Do you go out at all; when last did you attend a function?
8.       I think you are being too selective!
9.       Just choose anyone that comes!
10.    Money is not everything; you both will grow together!

 Like seriously what in heaven’s name do you want me to say! How do you think I feel each time you ask me those highly emotional questions? Ok, I think it’s time I ask you some questions and give you some specific answers:

1.       Do you think I enjoy being alone? Absolutely no; I hate the fact that I come home to an empty house and cold bed. My blanket keeps me warm and I try so hard not to cry each night.

2.       Do you know how I feel when you ask me the questions stated above? I feel like the words you spoke pierced my heart and I am bleeding in sadness; I feel so bad when you ask me those silly and annoying questions. You make me feel like I am not making any effort?


3.       Do you know why I did not attend Funke’s wedding? I didn’t because I was not ready to be bombarded with another round of emotional torture. I knew you would have started comparing me to Funke and telling all our other relatives that I am as single as ever. Do you know how embarrassing that is? Abeg, its very painful and embarrassing. Next time I will probably look for a friend that will tag along with me so that I don’t feel so foolish and stupid.

4.       Do you know why I hate going back home for Christmas or even any festive holiday? I am tired of the sermon from Dad and Mum; they make me feel like the world is about to stop. They indirectly push the dagger further in my heart. It honestly breaks my heart each time they finish giving me the long epistle of getting married. I repeat, I hate being all alone, I just wish I can go outside and shout it out for the whole world to hear and know the exact situation.

5.       Why do you think I don’t get angry that I work late? Working late for some time now has been a plus, at least it take my mind off a lot of thing. At least when I get home, am tired and I sleep fast without having thoughts.

Although I know you mean well for me and you want the best for me but I will rather not give answers to some of the foolish questions and statements you make. Most time when you ask me those question, I guess you see me smile or just nod my head but I honestly wish you know what I usually have on my mind at that moment. Most times am screaming “God please help me! Take me out of this place” or I am crying inside and just holding back the tears with the smile.

Point of correction; I am pretty, I have been praying and fasting and I know the God I serve will surely bring my husband to me “God how far na, this prayer don too much; abeg answer me”. The guys have been seeing me but I don’t know why they don’t want to settle down “Guys how far what is the problem ?” I am not selective neither am I proud of what I have become rather I know what I want in a man.
You are pushing me so hard now to just pick any man and get married but if I marry him and I end up having serious problems; you are the same person that will tell me to settle it with him and that marriage is not easy. Why not allow me choose the one I want that I can tolerate, so that even if he is beating me the love I have for him will cover it up.

As for the Aso-ebi, don’t worry we will buy it sooner than you even think. 

I love you all!!!


TO BE CONTINUED………………..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

its not as if they dot mean well but at times they just dont know when to mind their business

Anonymous said...

Ada, the question i hate the most is the first one: WHEN ARE YOU GETTING MARRIED? how on earth am i supposed to know? Am i God?

Anonymous said...

But seriously our parents got married really early, i don't know why this present generation is different. The babes life must be very frustrating!!!

Anonymous said...

this really wt is happening in this new generation.i feel for her o

Anonymous said...

THIS ARTICLE IS VERY REAL, I HONESTLY CAN RELATE WITH IT. NICE ONE

Anonymous said...

Nice piece, very soul touching !