Thursday 2 May 2013

LIFESTLYE OF A TYPICAL LAGOS BABE



Its 5:00 am in the morning and my cousin Amaka is rushing out of the house in order to beat early morning Lagos traffic, at first I got angry that my beauty sleep was interrupted but on a second thought, I just had pity on her. She hardly gets any sleep. Am just wondering what time she wakes up. Oh dear what a shame. Still trying to get back to sleep, I hear her screaming “Oga Chinedu, Oga Chnedu, please come and re-park your car. I told you I was going to leave early but you still packed your vehicle at the back of mine”

Trust your typical Lagos houses, the parking space is just too small, most times you even have to park on a first come first serve basis. She not only wakes up early, she still needs to wake up half of the people in the building. With all the noise I just could not go back to sleep, so I decided to do my morning devotion with our Daily Manna and say my favourite Psalm 91 and 121. My prayers to God each morning is very crucial, it saves me from all the stress in Lagos.


After about 1 hour my phone rings and guess who? It’s Amaka, I simply mumbled A-M-A-K-A-A-A. I honestly hope she has no other issue, like a flat tyre especially on that third mainland bridge. God please!!! I picked up her call then she sarcastically asked me “Ogo did you remove my new high heeled Aldo shoe from my boot, I can’t find it here and am trying to do my make up but my M.A.C powder is not in my make –up bag either”

At first I was furious that she just disturbed my prayers to God. Must this babe always interrupt me every time, na wa oooooh, na real wa, for shoe and make –up issue this early morning. As I looked beside me, lo and behold the new Aldo shoe. This babe has over 10 pairs of shoes in her boot she even forgot she wore that particular shoe yesterday and that was why it was in the room. She obviously wore her bathroom slippers out. As for her make-up, am pretty sure that her M.A.C powder is somewhere in that car.

Amaka, your pair of shoe is just beside me, besides you wore it home yesterday, as for your make up am sure it’s inside your car, please check well. She simply gave a sigh of relief, Ogo am sorry biko don’t be angry, I totally forgot, I can even see the powder now, its on the passenger’s seat. Am just worried about my target, you know it’s the end of the month, I had a terrible night and this morning has simply been horrible.

Obviously, her boyfriend Sam is all in the nasty equation, due to work stress, she has not had the time to see him; I know she misses him badly. Poor her, I just wish things can get better for her. Their relationship has been going through some rough path lately. Sam is just your typical Lagos big boy  everything about the guy is simply big or outstanding “Big House, Lovely Ride, Well Educated, Handsome, Tall, Excellent Job in an Oil and Gas Company in short the guy has everything a young lagos babe will ever want in a successful young man”

To be continued……








1 comment:

Stella Ebube said...

So true! This piece sure identifies with the typical Lagos working lady. Aint easy @ all. *waiting for the next piece*